Cause you can be born here, and you are an american...But is that your ethnicity?
No.
People can be Russian, born in mexico. They are mexican citizens, but are of Russian ethnicity.
Complicated...
But how can you trace back that far?
It's really complicated.
I've tried...and still trying.
My family is so mixed up.
On my mom's side.
My grandfather is Mexican.
Grandmother is Spanish/Mexican.
Dad's side.
Grandfather is Mexican/French/Spanish.
Grandmother is Spanish/Irish.
I'm like a weird...idk...
A good mixture, I guess?
Supposedly my grandfather is part Armenian too.
But who knows...
Crazy.
My dad is from a little town where everyone is of Spanish Descent.
But not many people know that.
If you don't know, It's called: La Capilla de Guadalupe, Jalisco.
Small little town where everyone knows everyone.
and everyone there is white.
There are more white people there then here in Cali.
It's like going to Palos Verdes, but everyone is speaking Spanish.
it's sad that no one knows their own ancestry.
I researched that stuff, cause I'm very curious.
When I was little I used to say I was just Mexican.
Because I had never met my Dad's parents before.
But when I did, I learned a lot more.
Blahh.
I'm glad to be mixed. I wonder how my children will be.
I'm proud to be Mexican, I go to mexico all the time.
I'm proud to be Spanish, going to Spain is a dream of mine.
I'm proud to be somewhat French, I'm learning how to speak it.
I'm proud to be somewhat Irish, I'm not really sure what to say about that one, everyone on my Grandmother's side Drink a lot? ha.
So does my dad.
But I'm more proud to be Mexican because that's what I grew up knowing.
Although I have a lot of white cousins, So I am somewhat white washed...
I'm proud to be who I am.
But I'll narrow it down to Mexican and White.
Weird.
hmm, be curious too?
It's always fun to find out stuff about yourself.
:]
Google.

No comments:
Post a Comment