Saturday, June 27, 2009

Too Much.

I understand that mothers are supposed to be supportive, loving and such. But is it ever possible for a mother to be "too loving"? Can a mother be controlling?...Cause I sure think mine is...

She tries to dress me, change my hair, my music, and basically who I am. She says that we are so different, it's hard to believe she is my mother. So what if we're different? I am my own person. But she keeps trying to run my life. She doesn't let me make mistakes, at all...How am I supposed to learn how to live my life if I am not living it myself? How can I grow up if she's always hovering me? I try to tell her, I try to be mature when I explain my situation to her to not seem that I am a "naggy teenager." But she just starts to say things like "you hate me...you don't appreciate me,...blah blah blah." I wish I could shake her, yell it out, anything!... and tell her that I don't hate her, that I do appreciate her, I just don't want her to hover me. I want her to let me live, and when I need her,...I'll go to her.

The sad part is I don't see her as a mother...
I've never had that huge "bond" with my mother the way other daughters have, I'm barely starting to get to know her. She wasn't there much of my childhood, my dad raised my younger brother and I. For she passed through a very hard depressional state at which she could not be near us...
I don't blame her, I just feel I can't truly trust her yet. She's like a friend, a person I care for and can talk to, but not really a "motherly" figure. If that makes sense...
I hate to tell her that, because I know she's trying, but I don't want to lie to her.

But I'm sticking in there.
I try to communicate with her, and tell her things. But I usually tell my dad first.
I try to bond with her, but we always end up fighting. It's like being with a stranger at times.

What can I do?...Any advice?
If so, it would be highly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment